welcome to my new blog

I hope my words somehow inspire you, and make you smile, please tell your friends if you like my blog, and, share my joy for writing. Have a wonderful day, hug someone you love.



Wednesday, March 9, 2011

one day at a time!!!!

Well I havent posted for about a week, and its going pretty good so far, Im not focused on the scale right now, so I wont post weight loss, until I really can see a difference.
There were a couple of days that I over did the workout (muscle strain in legs), so I had to give myself a little break, but then I got back on track, and am walking again, doing stairs (behind my house) there is an apartment upstairs that isnt occupied, so I use those stairs. :) Freebies, gotta love them.
I did a great workout today, walking, arobics, and stairs. There are 12 steps and go up them 15 times, not bad for an out of shape lady. I must say that after about 4 trips up the steps, I feel it, but I keep going, I try and push myself so I stay on track,
I have always felt like the kind of person, who is an all or none kind of girl, so Im in.
My little dog Scrappy goes on my walks with me, it is a lovely secluded wooded trail, that beckons the active to come on along and enjoy nature. Scrappy is elated that I have started this journey, he had a lazy mommy for a while, now each day, he waits for the cues that its time to go, when I put on my walking shoes, he knows, he is super excited about this venture, but I think its for selfish reasons.:0)
The weather here is nice, its warm enough for t-shirts, no jackets, but winter isnt all that eager to let go, and we have a few cold days that sneak back in, but nothing too bad.
So Im still on track, keeping my eyes on the prize,(goal weight and great heart health)!!
thanks for all of you that have shown an enterest, and all the great feed back, Im open to hearing any ideas to keep this up, and any tricks for healthy living, and diet. Have a fantastic day!!!!!glenda

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, been reading your blog and I am so with you. Two days on the treadmill for me. I had knee surgery so it stopped my activity for many months. You hang in there, you can do this...Judy (MommyJ)

    ReplyDelete